The Honey Queen Candidates must:
1. Be between 16 and 18 as of June 1, 2023.
2. Reside in Uvalde County, Texas.
3. Have access to a vehicle and/or have someone to provide transportation to appearances.
4. Have access to a cell phone for use during appearances.
5. Be chaperoned to all appearances by parent, legal guardian, or other adult.
6. Be present at Uvalde Honey Fest 2023 activities on Friday, June 9 & Saturday, June 10 (see below)
7. Be available to represent Uvalde County at events.
8. Be willing to obtain knowledge of beekeeping and honey.
The Honey Queen will be crowned at a luncheon on Thursday, June 8 in the Uvalde Grand Opera House Annex. Candidates will meet with judges at 10 am that morning dressed in their Sunday best. During lunch, candidates will have an opportunity to respond to a short question from the emcee. Lunch for the candidates will be provided. Guests and other attendees will be invited to make reservations and pay for the catered meal. The cost is $30 per person. RSVPs must be received by June 1, 2023. RSVP HERE
In addition to the honor of representing Uvalde County until the 2023 Honey Fest, the Honey Queen will receive a $1,000 scholarship and the runner-up or Princess will receive a $500 scholarship.
Duties during the 2023 Festival include but are not limited to:
4:30-6:00 pm Friday June 9th- Meet & Greet w/sponsors at VIP Tent
7:15 pm Friday June 9th -Announcement of Hat Competition winners
8:30 am Saturday June 10th- Announcing 5K winners
9:00 am Saturday June 10th - Reading a story to children during Breakfast with the Bees
2:15 pm Saturday June 10th- Announcing Bake Off Competition winners
Throughout Saturday - Introducing Sahawes, Mariachis, and Ballet Folklorico
Appearances throughout the year include
Labor Day Parade
Leakey 4th of July Parade
Interview with Uvalde Leader News before the 2024 Honey Festival